Imodium tablet has been a trusted remedy in helping to restore your body’s natural rhythm and diarrhea treatment. The tablets give fast and effective relief, they can stop diarrhea in just one dose and in just one hour.
Imodium price in Egypt 2023
At Beauty Expert, imodium tablet is available for purchase for just 130 EGP per packet.
Imodium tablet uses
- Treat sudden diarrhea and on-going diarrhea in people with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Works by slowing down the movement of the gut.
- Decreases the number of bowel movements and makes the stool less watery.
- Reduce the amount of discharge in patients who have undergone an ileostomy.
- Help you to improve the intestine movement.
Imodium medicine ingredients
The active ingredient is loperamid hydrochloride.
- Take imodium medication by mouth, usually after each loose stool, or as directed by your doctor.
- The dosage is based on your condition and response to treatment.
- In children, dosage is also based on age and weight.
- Imodium dosage for adults, take 2 capsules.
- While children aged 5 and up should take 1 capsule.
- Then: 1 capsule after each episode of diarrhea.
- Take no more than 8 tablets in a 24-hour period.
- Children over the age of five should not take more than three capsules/20 kilograms.
- Take on an empty stomach. Take 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
Imodium side effects
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them. Common side effects of imodium:
- Extreme thirst.
- Decreased urination.
- Muscle cramps.
Stop taking imodium medicine and get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including:
- Severe constipation.
- Stomach/Abdominal pain.
- Uncomfortable fullness of the stomach/abdomen.
- Fast/Irregular heartbeat.
- Severe dizziness.
Imodium medicine warning
- If your doctor has prescribed this medication, follow your doctor’s directions and the directions on your prescription label.
- Tell your doctor if your diarrhea does not improve after 2 days, if your condition worsens, or if you develop new symptoms.
- If you are taking imodium pills under your doctor’s direction for ongoing diarrhea, tell your doctor if your diarrhea continues after 10 days of treatment.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and/or taking a rehydration treatment.
Frequently asked questions about imodium tablet
What is imodium used to treat?
Loperamide is used to control and relieve the symptoms of acute diarrhea. It is also used to treat chronic diarrhea in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Loperamide helps stop diarrhea by slowing down the movements of the intestines.
How many imodium can I take?
Imodium dosage for adults and teenagers is 4 mg (2 tablets) after the first loose bowel movement, and 2 mg (1 tablet) after each loose bowel movement after the first dose has been taken. No more than 8 mg (4 tablets) should be taken in any 24-hour period.
What not to take with imodium?
Avoid drinking tonic water. It can interact with loperamide and may cause serious heart problems. Avoid becoming dehydrated by drinking plenty of fluids.
Does Imodium stop diarrhea immediately?
Take imodium straight after your first bout – it can relieve diarrhea in just one hour so your body can start to recover sooner. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and/or taking a rehydration treatment.
Can I take Imodium on an empty stomach?
Take on an empty stomach. Take 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor. Do not take Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief (loperamide and simethicone) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
Do you have to wait 2 hours after eating to take Imodium?
It is best to take Loperamide half an hour before a meal. This will help to slow down the gut activity that is stimulated by eating. Most people find that the bowel is most active in the morning and so Imodium will help if taken after breakfast.
Does imodium stop U pooing?
Loperamide works by slowing down the passage of food through the gut. Your body can then draw in more water from your intestines, making the poo thicker and firmer. This makes it easier to hold on when you have the urge to pass a poo.
Ask about our Imodium tablet offers at a special price and enjoy our best offers at Beauty Expert, by contacting us on the following numbers: